Author Topic: Cannot login to Avast application with using Google account  (Read 575 times)

Offline A20171002

Cannot login to Avast application with using Google account
« on: October 02, 2017, 06:19:41 AM »
Last evening, at 18:00 GMT, my browsers unexpectedly began to give errors alike "bad certificate", wherever I went. Having looked at this certificate, I have found out that it had been issued by Avast. It became clear that there were some problems with the web screen. I tried to turn off this screen - browsers worked as usual. Turned it back on - again the problem. I tried again to play around with the settings, as a result, I logged out of the account that I entered through Google. Log in it could not - when you click on the "Sign in through Google" began to appear empty window called "Connection ...". Rebooted - the web screen worked as it should, but it's still impossible to enter the account. I already deleted Avast access to Google data, and reinstalled the antivirus - still can not log in. At the same time I can go through the site and forum with Google account without any problems.

Environment: MacBook Air 13, Mac OS X Sierra

What advise to do?

Offline alisa.cullison

Re: Cannot login to Avast application with using Google account
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »
I am also having this problem. I had it on my PC laptop, and now on my new Mac laptop -- cannot log in with Google. I just this morning downloaded Avast, so I cannot imagine that uninstalling and reinstalling will make any difference.