Author Topic: avast 4.7 scanning glitch  (Read 3258 times)

justin1278

avast 4.7 scanning glitch
« on: May 12, 2006, 05:06:18 AM »
Hi,

I was checking the results of my Tuesday Night 8:00 P.M. scan and here were the results. Why does it display the data in TB assuming TB is Tera bytes.

Note: My HDD is only 80 GB

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast 4.7 scanning glitch
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 05:46:14 AM »
Igor, any preview about when we'll get the interface (and translation) glitches corrected?
Name of the Tasks, Schedulers, comments... etc., everything in the Enhanced Interface is bad  :P :'( :-\
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:20:34 AM »
Justin, that's really strange. Even the number of scanned files is too big (the size of the files actually corresponds to the number of them, I think).
I don't get any such numbers here, however.... can you try to enable the creation of the report file for the task and let everything (even "OK files") be included there? I'd like to know what is really scanned... (and I hope you don't have 7733313 files on your disk - the report would get pretty huge :))

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 04:21:20 PM »
I have the same situation. But this happen only in the scheduled results page.
Here's the results from the scheduled scanning

Actually the scan took only one minute, because I stopped the scan. And the really scanned files were only 2414 (with OK files included)

This doesn't heppen in the manually started task results
Here's the results from manual started task

Also there is problem with the naming of the tasks, sessions and comments like Tech said  :'(

@igor - regarding the problem with the notes for which I told you - it appears that not only the notes are corrupted, but and the others things are corrupted (like Tech said before - task names and others). I started to use the notes only recently, so I didn't used them with the Internet mail provider. And I send mainly HTML mails. Could it be somehow connected with the others glitches in the interface? :-\
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 04:41:05 PM by .:X:M:A:S:. »
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:54:51 PM »
This will be fixed in the upcoming release (Justin, I suppose that in your case, it was also for the scheduled scans only).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

justin1278

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 04:12:47 AM »
Yes VLK that is correct.