Author Topic: "Last Virus" cross-reference  (Read 5281 times)

bslorence

"Last Virus" cross-reference
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:56:27 PM »
Hi,

In the course of my day, I like to open up ADNM and take a quick look at the computer catalog. If any of my machines are red, I investigate the reason and make sure that avast has taken care of the problem (if not, I research manual removal methods) -- then I mark the machine or machines clean.

Here's something that would help me no end in this process: if the "Last virus" field, in the summary that shows up when I click on a computer in the Catalog, showed a date and time when the virus was detected, in addition to the name of the virus. It would be even better if it showed the name of the infected file, and the action taken, if applicable!

Currently I have to dig through the client-side task logs of the machine that has been marked red, to find out where exactly the virus lives (or lived), and what avast has done about it. This becomes a daunting task if I haven't checked the catalog in a few days -- on a Monday, for example.

Is there an easier way for me to get at the information that I want (for example, with alerts, which I haven't really configuredm because I can't figure out the interface and haven't had time to look for documentation)? Or would anyone else like to see the same enhancement that I've just described?

Thanks,

Ben

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: "Last Virus" cross-reference
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 05:17:55 PM »
This is something we're planning for one of the upcoming ADNM updates. My idea is that the Last Virus column would be clickable (if it's not empty) and click on the virus name would take you to the respective session (so you'd immediately see the whole incident - filename, action, timestamp etc).

Also, for ADNM 2.0, we plan a new feature called "triggers". Triggers will basically allow you to define actions that will take place when something happens. Say "something" is an occurence of a virus, and "action" is e.g. sending you en email (or something else).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

bslorence

Re: "Last Virus" cross-reference
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:09:41 PM »
Ooh, clickable "last virus"! That's what I want too, but I thought it was too much to ask for.  ::)

Is there any kind of a general road-map, with target dates, for the next few releases of ADNM? (I understand, of course, that software target dates are, shall we say, flexible)