Author Topic: offline virus list update  (Read 2580 times)

aadroque

offline virus list update
« on: May 16, 2006, 11:56:05 PM »
Hi, I´m antonio Roque from lisbon, Portugal usually help my neighbors with computer problems, normally its all about spyware, adware  and  computer virus problems , its hard to believe how naive people are.

I stopped to do " house call" , I work for free , I always lose many ,gasoline or mobile calls to my neighbors , still people always nock on my door asking for help.

I "work" on this computers on my garage , I don´t have a internet connection there , i hard to me to update avast , in order to do this i need to go the my  neighbors house ...

I would like to known if is possible to do a "offline" update / copy the new virus list files .

Thank you
Antonio Roque

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: offline virus list update
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 12:22:20 AM »
You can download this and copy it to CD and use the executable file to update the VPS file off-line, avast! VPS Update - Manual Download.

Unfortunately for program updates you need to be on-line or download the latest version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security