Author Topic: Avast won't allow a program installer to run  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Marcus103

Avast won't allow a program installer to run
« on: December 11, 2017, 07:10:18 AM »
I downloaded a program I wanted to install. My Avast premier however ran a 15 second scan stating the file may contain something bad and submitted it for interrogation at the Avast virus lab. I twice did so and twice had a reply stating the file was clean. I had also scanned it with Hitman Pro and found no issues. When I attempted to run it again it kept coming up with the same 15 second scan and submitting the file to the Avast virus lab. Even when I clicked details and click i trust this file it still would not override it and allow me to install the file. An exclusion  to allow me to run the file did not work either.

Finally I did manage to run the installer when I attempted to abort the scan while doing so. However when i attempted to run the program Avast came up with the 15 second scan again and submitting the file to their labs. I'm at a lost. I checked on virus total and it found no dangerous files associated with the program and I even emailed the program developers who said no virus had been reported with their product.

For the record the software is Comfort clipboard pro, a clipboard manager software. I'm at a lost as to what else to try or why, after Avast labs replied saying the file was clean, as to why its still running the scan saying there might be something bad. Everytime I eventually get a reply saying it is clean but it still stops it from running.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast won't allow a program installer to run
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 07:25:12 AM »
Disable CyberCapture or set an exclusion.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Marcus103

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:07:01 AM »
I tried setting an exclusion before I posted, as mentioned, and it did not work. However I will try it disabling cyber capture and see if that does the trick!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 09:08:25 AM »
OK, report back.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0