Author Topic: Support for Pegasus Mail?  (Read 2162 times)

RAuser06

Support for Pegasus Mail?
« on: May 18, 2006, 09:03:08 PM »
I use a rather old version of Pegasus Mail - v 3.12b and am having trouble with Avast 4.6 and email protection.

I am also an Earthlink user, so need to have authentication working to log in and send/download mail.

Avast seems to change the smtp and pop3 host information which Earthlink then does not recognize.

To have working email I have had to reinstall without email protection activated.

Is this due to the version of Pegasus I am using, Earthlink's particular requirements, or something else?

Thanks for any help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Support for Pegasus Mail?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 10:22:58 PM »
First before trying to find any issues I would suggest that you download the latest version of avast, 4.7.827 and save it to your hard disk or do a manual program update.

What is your OS, I'm assuming win98 ?
If so then that is required to be able to intercept the email and scan it before it arrives in your inbox. Often this problem is becase of your firewall blocking ashMaiSv.exe, so what is your firewall and does it allow ashMaiSv.exe ?

Is your Earthlink secure encrypted email, e.g. SSL ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security