Author Topic: Firewall - inconsistent information displayed  (Read 770 times)

REDACTED

Firewall - inconsistent information displayed
« on: December 12, 2017, 06:19:41 PM »
Hello,

I installed Avast Internet Security on 2017/10/22. My home computer is a desktop, running Windows 7 Professional, permanently wired to a single VDSL modem (ZXHN H168N).

A few days after I installed Avast it happened that my office notebook failed to connect to a network share on my home desktop PC. The cause was that Avast firewall switched from Private to Public profile. The setting in Windows didn't change. I didn't touch the Avast firewall setting and I'm the only person who has access to my computer since I'm the only person in my household. I switched the firewall profile back to Private and the notebook connected all right. Since then it happened once or twice again. As a result of this experience I keep watching the Avast firewall setting, I check it more or less each time I wake up the system from hibernation or sleep and after system restart. That's how I came to the following findings.

The information on the Firewall pane in the Avast program isn't always the same. It seems surprising on a stationary, permanently connected desktop. I experienced three (3) variations:
1) Local Area Connection (Adapter) - Private Network
2) Network Connection - Private Network
3) both ad 1) and ad 2) at a time

Kind regards.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Firewall - inconsistent information displayed
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 05:00:42 AM »
You could try the latest beta: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=15
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0