Author Topic: Very high battery usage since November 2017 update  (Read 11861 times)

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Very high battery usage since November 2017 update
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »
Let me check for any news on this and get back to you after the weekend. Cheers!

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 09:49:34 PM »
The battery drain issue discussed above has already been fixed, so this will be caused by something else.

The question is why the app crashes and what makes it restart - whether it is a bug or whether you are using some battery saver, cleaner or task killer, which keeps killing the app. Repeated restart might cause a higher battery consumption - please check for any app or feature, which could behave as described above, and whitelist the Avast app, it should help.

If it doesn't, please let us know, whether the problem occurs even after updating your app to version 6.10.7, thanks.

Offline Civileng

• CivilNode
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2019, 07:30:50 PM »
I use kaspersky antivirus and my laptop battery consumption has increased tremendously. Is avast less used? Thank you for giving someone the answer.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2020, 07:40:21 PM »
Hi, I do not know about kaspersky, but our products in general are designed to be very light. The only way to compare is to install and test, as every combination of device, its configurations and other software you use is specific and can influence the battery consumption.