Author Topic: Passwords not active on browser startup in Mozilla Firefox REDUX!  (Read 2428 times)

Offline envirossf

I previously posted about this subject with an earlier version of Firefox (https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=208762.0).  I am wondering if the same situation is occurring with the new Firefox Quantum because I am experiencing the exact symptoms as before.  The last time I was told that Avast was aware of the problem, and was working on a fix.  I was later notified that the fix had been completed, and if I updated my Firefox Avast Passwords extension the problems would disappear.  I updated and the Passwords extension worked perfectly again until I updated to the new Firefox Quantum.  If the situation is the same as before, is Avast working on a new fix for the new browser?  Do I need to wait again for a new update so I can return to using Firefox again?  Thank you in advance for any explanations, links, or fixes offered.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Passwords not active on browser startup in Mozilla Firefox REDUX!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 08:29:10 AM »
This shouldn't happen anymore, could you please let me know extension version you have in FF?
Do you use any PC cleanup utility?

Offline envirossf

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 02:36:29 AM »
Hi Martin, 
 Thanks for getting back to me.   I'm using extension version 1.1.3224.  I use CCleaner as my cleanup utility.
 I have used CCleaner the entire time I have used the Avast Passwords extension and it has never caused problems before.  I was thinking it might have been my upgrade from the old Firefox to the new Firefox Quantum (ver. 57.02).  That is when the problem started reoccurring.  Any new ideas, links, etc. would be appreciated!

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 12:11:56 PM »
Well it may be related to Firefox upgrade process then. I will try to simulate this to see what happens with our storage during the upgrade. I'm using Quantum for quite long (I have upgrade right after it was announced) and I never have had a problem so far so I assume that reactivation of the extension should resolve the issue.
To reactivated go to Avast -> Settings -> Passwords and in browser integration section hit reinstall extension for firefox. It will open tab in your browser with extension activation page and your extension should get activated automatically.

If you are on Mac then browser extension installation section can be found in preferences on tab Browsers.

Offline envirossf

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 10:12:21 PM »
Well, I'm not sure if it's related to the Firefox update or the new Avast update (1.1.3237 dated 12/18/17), but I restarted Firefox with the add-ons disabled, closed the browser, and restarted again with add-ons enabled.  I then updated to the newer Passwords extension and everything is working correctly again.  I tried rebooting several times, and now the Avast Password extension works every time I open Firefox.  I'm very happy!  Thanks for the help!!