Author Topic: Avast Passwords incompatible with WordPress  (Read 5066 times)

Offline geoorgge

Avast Passwords incompatible with WordPress
« on: December 16, 2017, 06:59:46 AM »
I have removed Avast Passwords.

Avast password manager makes the WordPress Backend freeze. Under appearance-->widgets, WordPress becomes unresponsive.
Once the Avast plugin is removed from the brower, WordPress works again.

Browsers Tested: Chrome, Firefox, both one latest versions
Operating System: Windows 7

You should not use it when you are a WP blogger.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:02:36 AM by geoorgge »

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Avast Passwords incompatible with WordPress
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 10:10:43 AM »
We are just working on fix which should resolve this kind of issues, it will be ready very soon.
I'm bit sad that you have give it up, but I thank you for sharing another affected site so we can verify the fix once it is delivered by developers.

Offline geoorgge

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 06:44:02 PM »
Working on another computer, I just discovered another site that is incompatible.

it is my Online bookmark store.

magadoo.com

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 09:03:23 AM »
Could you be more specific. I have tried the page and except capturing registration info (I will report it to dev) it seems to be working fine.
How many bookmarks you have in there?

Offline geoorgge

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 07:57:26 AM »
I have tested Wordpress backend again with Avast Passwords.
The area under Appearance --> Widgets is still not working.
:-[

Magadoo is considerably slowed down,  especially when you have many bookmarks. But there is some improvement.

Another problem: Your robot verification in the forum is not readable for humans, too. I must listen to the letters each time.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 08:21:20 AM »
Another problem: Your robot verification in the forum is not readable for humans, too. I must listen to the letters each time.
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 04:45:02 AM »
I've been reporting on this issue for months, glad you got a response, and even more glad Avast is working on a fix :)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 11:26:19 PM »
Same problem here. Avast dosn´t work with Wordpress when You work with wigets. Do You Avast People tryed to contact the Wordpress community? There is a lot of skilled programmers who love the meet problems in the creative way. I realy want to smack on Avast Password again.

Kind regards - Dag
ps. Your verification letters are not to read

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 04:14:22 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/Fh9fC

This is a response I just got back from the wordpress plugin author of my sites reCAPTCHA in regard to no Avast Passwords compatibility. By the response I don't know if its a wordpress issue, or a plugin issue. Are you guys using the same plugin? Have you tried logging into a wordpress site without any reCAPTCHA? I'm curious if the problem is really with default wordpress login or not...

In my case, the reCATPCHA refuses to load when the plugin is enabled for filling out fields, I can keep it enabled to remember passwords however and still be able to login manually.

The WordPress community is HUGE...and so is Avast....hard to believe Avast Passwords doesn't work with WordPress, or at least with WordPress must-haves like reCAPTCHA. I have tested other password managers and they work so IDK what the issue is....
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:18:44 AM by cummings4409 »

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 02:46:23 AM »
I just want to update. Avast Passwords IS compatible with WordPress, but its NOT compatible with reCAPTCHA plugins for some reason. I've tested this on another site to confirm.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 03:40:08 AM »
UPDATE!!!

ISSUE SOLVED!!

It was an issue with Cloudflare all along!

To fix this simply create a page rule *yourwebsite.com/login* (or wp-admin or w/e your login is set to) with the setting "disable performance."

Hope this helps others :)

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 08:14:03 PM »
We are just working on fix which should resolve this kind of issues, it will be ready very soon.
I'm bit sad that you have give it up, but I thank you for sharing another affected site so we can verify the fix once it is delivered by developers.

My question is why this is still not resolved? The Wordpress back-end is always is unresponsive when working. For example menu page just kills it. Even unable to pen. I have tested this on 5+ different pages of Wordpress with different configurations. Chrome and Firefox latest builds. Have exact same problem. You have to turn off the password manager if you want to work... That is not acceptable. And I was considering buying the password manager...