Author Topic: Cleaning the Registry  (Read 3789 times)

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
Cleaning the Registry
« on: December 27, 2003, 10:24:39 PM »
 ??? When I have uninstalled AVAST 4.1 Home Edition I have used both add/remove programs and the av4 uninstall program. I have also gone through the registry and deleted keys in the reference to avast. However when I reach the section in the registry concerning legacy drivers there a few areas that mention avast services and these keys can't be deleted. I was wondering how to delete them so I could have a fresh install of the program on my system.  Any and all help would be appreciated  
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

mr.morden

Re:Cleaning the Registry
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 11:28:15 PM »
http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/

try to clean your registry with that neat proggie what lies in there.

not sure that does it help but give it a shot.

mr.morden

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Cleaning the Registry
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 02:00:53 PM »
the section in the registry concerning legacy drivers there a few areas that mention avast services and these keys can't be deleted. I was wondering how to delete them so I could have a fresh install of the program on my system.  Any and all help would be appreciated  

You don't need to delete this entries for a fress install.
It won't be so easy to delete this legacy keys. Maybe you may have to boot at 'Safe Mode' or try to get the permission to delete these keys with Registrar Lite: Menu Security > Edit permitions.

Anyway, I advice you let this keys and the others there where they are. This part of the Windows Registry is particulary sensible to mess changes. TAKE CARE! With Windows 2000/XP you must do a complete recoverable backup with Emergency Recovery Utility.
The best things in life are free.