Author Topic: HELP!!  (Read 2048 times)

Sundip.Kainth

HELP!!
« on: May 19, 2006, 07:49:57 PM »
Hi, I am very new to Avast as I have just been introduced to it by a friend and he swears by it that its the best. I am having problems with internet connection after installing (no other firewall/antivirus programmes are being used). LAN connection icon in system tray status is limited or no connectivity. Hence no internet connection.

Have I done something I shouldn't have???

Thanks in advance

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 08:37:25 PM »
avast isn't a firewall so you need one, are you using windows XP, if so are you using its firewall.

ashWebSv.exe the avast Web Shield needs access to the internet, if blocked effectively no connection. Test this by pausing or terminating the Web Shield provider and see if you can gain access.

Do you have the Program Settings, Update (Connections) set to 'My computer is permanently connected to the internet' and the Proxy set to Direct connection (no proxy). This assumes that your ISP doesn't require you to connect through a proxy.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security