Author Topic: Restore from Chest does not work  (Read 6271 times)

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Restore from Chest does not work
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »
You answered the original question but nothing says that it is "the" solution expected by the author.
He has no other questions for the simple reason that his problem has been solved by some other means than a reinstallation.
He simply says that your solution is a good idea and that he will try if he has a problem again with this.
His last comment december 28th 01:14
I didn't try to completely remove Avast and reinstall it, at least for the chest issue. A good idea to try if I ever have to struggle with that again.
My intervention has never been to come into confrontation with anyone but simply precautions for the author (or others) with the uninstall that will remove quarantine and files with it , in case we absolutely wanted to restore them later (missing option in the original issue)

Seems very strange to me that the original poster hasn't been back to ask further questions
What other questions might he have to ask ?
In any case, we can not know for sure if (your) solution is the expected one (he did not try to uninstall !!!  :-\) , no more to know if my intervention could make sense (he isn't here on the forum since his last intervention)
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1175673

Offline Dianne Flote

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 01:38:59 PM »
I need help I cannot restore my installer since avast stops me from restoring my file thatit had placed on the virus chest I hope someone can help me  :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 03:43:48 PM »
I need help I cannot restore my installer since avast stops me from restoring my file thatit had placed on the virus chest I hope someone can help me  :(

How does it stop you, e.g. what errors are you getting ?
What avast version do you have (the latest being 19.4.2374) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security