Author Topic: Last Cleanup update is blocking a part of the system and fonctionalities !!  (Read 1959 times)

REDACTED

I don't want to say hello !!!  :( (I'm french)

It is a enormous MESS !
It is impossible to cancel the cleaning actionS I did, following the cleanup advises for optimisation !!!!
Impossible to reactivate the programms put in "sleep" (veille)
That is running without any "stop" (wheel)
So impossible to work as admin on my computer because for exemple the HP Tool security service is OUT (malfonction)
So I cannot access to important programs due to configuration of my admin password. it is refused and HP tools specify a malfunction ? !!!

It is a cleanup Premium of course we are paying for it ? !
If it is not repair today I will send a complete folder and claim to news papers and do a very good ad on my blog, on tweeter and so non !!
It is not fair to install a beta version without all verifications

Are your the best anti-virus program? NO after problems like this one
If this not repair or put old version I want an immediate reimbursement !

Thanks to DO quick !!

Edit :  P.S. Do you wait after Christmas to fix ?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 06:58:19 PM by cnb06 »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Hi,

we apologize for your troubles however in order to be able to resolve them we would need the log files to be able to investigate it further.
If you could provide us with that ones it would be highly appreciated!

Log files are located in this folder: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Tuneup\log\
And you can either upload them to a favourite file server of yours or you can use our public FTP server for the purpose: ftp.avast.com/ftp/incoming/ (login: anonymous).

Also if you haven't already tried to reinstall the product you could do that by downloading the installation package here: https://www.avast.com/download-thank-you.php?product=CLP-01&locale=en-ww and executing it.
It might resolve the issues as well if there is something went wrong during the last update.

Thank you!

REDACTED

Stellarman, I'm in a similar situation.  There is no way that i can access the log file, the computer is basically paralyzed.  I can get to the desktop screen but every function is inoperable.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Stellarman, I'm in a similar situation.  There is no way that i can access the log file, the computer is basically paralyzed.  I can get to the desktop screen but every function is inoperable.

Hi,

have you tried to boot into the Safe Mode?
Usually you can access it by pressing F8 key during the system startup however it might be tricky to do that if your computer is really fast so here is a nice article how to do that on various Windows versions: https://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/.

In Safe Mode you should be able to get the logs and also uninstall Cleanup.
Another way might be trying to recover from the last System Restore point.

Best regards.