Author Topic: Problem after the last cleanup  (Read 2020 times)

REDACTED

Problem after the last cleanup
« on: December 23, 2017, 08:12:28 PM »
Hi everyone;
I need some help after the last cleanup yesterday.
After the pc restart I can start the Word program or open any Word documents.
I really dont know how to deal with technical issues with my pc; & I purchased the cleanup because I thought that things will be better & faster; & now I am dissapointed because I feel that actually there is no one to help me when the problems starts

Offline adw.tokoroa

Re: Problem after the last cleanup
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
Having experienced similar problems, I uninstalled Cleanup. Today I have received an email telling me I have been "upgraded" to the latest version, which has been installed without my consent. Attempting to contact "Customer Support" just results in going round in circles without ever getting to a contact address or form. I am tempted to totally change my antivirus program as a result of this.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 07:00:50 AM »
Attempting to contact "Customer Support" just results in going round in circles without ever getting to a contact address or form.
Contact support: https://support.avast.com/contact
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:31:40 AM »
Hi,

we apologize for your troubles however in order to be able to resolve them we would need the log files to be able to investigate it further.
If you could provide us with that ones it would be highly appreciated!

Log files are located in this folder: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Tuneup\log\
And you can either upload them to a favourite file server of yours or you can use our public FTP server for the purpose: ftp.avast.com/ftp/incoming/ (login: anonymous).

Also if you haven't already tried to reinstall the product you could do that by downloading the installation package here: https://www.avast.com/download-thank-you.php?product=CLP-01&locale=en-ww and executing it.
It might resolve the issues as well if there is something went wrong during the last update.

Thank you!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 10:52:48 AM »
In my request from yesturday i am asked about my problems with cleanup, but i have nothing. This customer policy make me angry. Let's do something.