Author Topic: Premier firewall blocking wireless display - Not impressed.  (Read 1869 times)

REDACTED

Premier firewall blocking wireless display - Not impressed.
« on: December 28, 2017, 01:04:24 AM »
As it says on the tin. I bought myself a new tv for xmas and I have just spent the last x hours Googling, swearing, twitching and blaming windows 10 for my laptops refusal to except a widi connection or cast to it. Eventually I had a hmmm moment and turned off the fire wall. Lo and behold, perfect connection.

Firstly, considering that I am paying for this product, would one of the Avast bods like to officially explain to me exactly why my firewall doesn't automatically understand and allow widi when it is become a pretty STANDARD feature in most homes these days? Please excuse the tone but I've been Googling every variation of why you no work since about 3.30pm...

Secondly, how do I stop the firewall blocking the widi? I have found a couple of old threads but none for any recent versions and most of them are more complicated than I can follow. So, please, in baby talk and possibly with pictures, could someone walk me through fixing this before I uninstall your product and never touch it again. On principle.

Seriously guys, I should not be having to post this.  >:(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Premier firewall blocking wireless display - Not impressed.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:23:28 AM »
Well I'm not an Avast bod, but an avast user like yourself, however I don't use the avast firewall. 
What is the Firewall network setting is it Public or Private ?

If it is on public then other networks aren't trusted.

You also say avast is blocking the wifi, are you getting specific message ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:25:10 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security