Author Topic: Avast and Firefox possible problem  (Read 1035 times)

Offline David619

Avast and Firefox possible problem
« on: December 25, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »
Got the latest version of Avast for my XP system and have a few possible problems:-

Now it seems I lack the icon display which would tell me when I got the use of my laptop from Avasts scans(yes it IS turned ON).

My older Firefox 52.5.2 will not go to its selected homepage on initial boot floundering until I press the Home icon.

I do have Malwarebytes but it is switched OFF as I know it conflicts and will only boot when I tell it, it winkles out problems that Avast Free is unable to find or worry about.

Any Ideas?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast and Firefox possible problem
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 11:27:56 PM »
I have XP Pro SP3 and Firefox 52.5.2 ESR, whilst I don't have the Home page open every time I start firefox, I use an App called OneTab in which I have a listing of commonly visited pages and that works for me reasonably well. 

I have that set as my home page but don't have it set to open, I have Firefox start with tabs that were Show Windows and Tabs from last time. For me that is better than just having a single tab opening.

That said I'm currently not using the latest avast version I'm holding on to 17.8.2318.

EDIT:  I have just tested having my Home Page display on startup and it works.
I also have 4 pinned tabs and even with a Home page set to display on restart, they were all present also.  You could use this as a workaround have your Home page opened and pin it, if you don't find the cause.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 11:35:26 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security