Author Topic: Acceident  (Read 1373 times)

REDACTED

Acceident
« on: December 26, 2017, 10:02:16 PM »
Something popped up and said it stopped it from harming this computer and then it says ignore or add to virus chest. I wanted to add to virus chest but i accidently put it on execptions list. How do i remove it?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Acceident
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 11:42:31 PM »
support and FAQ  >>  https://support.avast.com/

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Acceident
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 12:16:00 AM »
Something popped up and said it stopped it from harming this computer and then it says ignore or add to virus chest. I wanted to add to virus chest but i accidently put it on execptions list. How do i remove it?

Unfortunately you don't give much detail:

1.  What was the file name and location ?
if you know that, it would be possible to move it to another folder, that would force avast to scan it again.

2.  What shield was it that detected it ?

You can also check your Exclusions list in AvastUI > Settings > General > Exclusions and check the various Tabs to see if you can find it.  If you can find it then remove it from the Exclusions, then go to the location and have avast scan it again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security