Author Topic: * Introducing * - a very short beta of upcoming avast update - now 4.7.840  (Read 28774 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
Add schedule Boot-time scan on the Avast blue ball menu
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 05:39:22 AM »
Vlk and Igor,

On the avast blue at the bottom right corner of the computer screen when I click the last button an Avast popup thing came up, can you add this tool for the final version comes if possible can you guys add schedule Boot-time scan on the popup menu.

Because I hate to click on the Avast icon at the desktop after the Avast software comes up and then click on the Avast pull down menu and then click schedule Boot-time scan, all I am saying is can you guys add on the Avast blue ball menu on the bottom right corner and add schedule Boot-time scan on the popup menu.

Cause it make a hell of a lot easy instead of doing it the long way what do you think Vlk and Igor, can you add this options to the final version for Home and Pro platform.

Just asking I am sure everybody might like the idea to add this option.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 05:41:23 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Adding individual entries from the simple user interface (SUI) menu to the right click context menu of the avast icon could make the list very large, especially when you add other peoples wish lists.

However, adding a link on the avast icon for the Simple User Interface 'Menu' would give much quicker access to a number of options that there like the Settings, Schedule Boot-Time Scan, Virus Chest, Virus Database, Log Viewer and Help. All of these options don't really require the running of the memory check and opening the SUI just to access them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I think a sub-menu (with other options, cascaded) could solve the problem.
I really want to see there the boot time scanning, the Chest, Help... and so on.
Maybe an 'Advanced' item on the menu that open the second options. This could solve the long list on the major menu.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
My pet hobby horse in the Wish List thread, was for the inclusion at the very least the Help option. For users to have to Run the SUI (or EUI) and click/find the menu and then the Help file is buried too deep. I know once the SUI is open users can use the F1 key (a common standard program help key) but not many know that. Some also never go the Start, All Programs, avast! Antivirus, Help, that too is buried too deep. When a user needs help they shouldn't have get out a shovel and start digging to find help.

So for me the whole context menu system needs to be reviewed with a view making it easier for users. Why go through the memory check opening the SUI and menu to look at the help file or virus chest.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mauserme

... the Help file is buried too deep.

If you right click the VRDB icon and click "What is avast! VRDB" you'll go straight to the help file.  I know its not the most obvious approach but it is quicker than others.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
I agree that the context menu could be enhanced a bit (btw this won't happen in the upcoming version - sorry, it's too late) but if you're interested, you can even place an icon to schedule the boot-time scan on your desktop.

Simply create a shortcut to the following

C:\Program Files\ALWIL Software\Avast4\sched.exe /A:*

This will schedule the boot-time scan (for all areas, ie. all local hard drives).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

justin1278

Anybody know when the final update will be released?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Now. :)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Not sure if you require the update info again for a non-beta .827 to .844 update see below (dial-up connection).

Information about current update:
Total time: 2:37

- Program: Updated
  (previous version: 4.7.827, updated version: 4.7.844)
- Vps: Already up to date
  (current version 0622-2)
- Setup: Updated
  (previous version: 4.7.827, updated version: 4.7.844)

Server: download12.avast.com (67.19.134.114:80)
Downloaded files: 7 (491.55 KB)
Download time: 1:49
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 11:15:44 PM by DavidR »

EdB

Has anyone else tried to install this beta on win 95?  I have tried it on two machines and it refuses to start once installed.  The error (didn't write it down) said one of the Avast DLLs was linked to missing kernel32.dll.  Version 4.7.827 works fine on the machines.

No problems with 4.7.844 on win 95.