Author Topic: Invalid page fault  (Read 14342 times)

Walker

Re:Invalid page fault
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2003, 02:26:55 AM »
But the desktops very well may as many windows users dont like all of the security flaws and that you have to updrade every year.  Apple servers also have the most storage  capacity the biggest model holds 2.52 Terabytes! Very well worth the money. our review is found below

MacL,

Just curious, I know little about this now days  :-\ But aren't the MS based NAS/RAID servers up to something like 20 Terabytes now?

I'm also wondering what your opinion is if MAC did ever supercede PC destops, wouldn't the picture change and MACs would become more targeted by virus's etc (or is this not possible!). I don't know the answer, just curious and interested ;)

W.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2003, 06:29:22 AM »
Just curious, I know little about this now days   But aren't the MS based NAS/RAID servers up to something like 20 Terabytes now?
the biggest I have seen is a 9 terabyte dell but the price is so way out there it would deplete any corps. funds to buy it. and with all that space the server would be a lot bigger to hold all those hard drives.

I'm also wondering what your opinion is if MAC did ever supercede PC destops, wouldn't the picture change and MACs would become more targeted by virus's etc (or is this not possible!). I don't know the answer, just curious and interested
its possible but because of the OS design it is much harder and takes a lot more effort to make a virus for a mac.

By the way apple has announced within 6 months the G5 processor will reach 3ghz like intel but it will be avalible only in a dual chipset apple computers will once agian compete with intel. this should get people to take a look at macs. Personally I think the 1.25 ghz laptop of mine is faster than a new dell computer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 06:30:47 AM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Walker

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2004, 11:28:05 PM »
Just curious, I know little about this now days   But aren't the MS based NAS/RAID servers up to something like 20 Terabytes now?
the biggest I have seen is a 9 terabyte dell but the price is so way out there it would deplete any corps. funds to buy it. and with all that space the server would be a lot bigger to hold all those hard drives.

I guess everything is relative to price MacL. I think the Flextor's are up in the 20+Tb now, but as you say it's cost.

I guess there's still a big jump in price between a top end PC and a top end Mac.. how do these compare nowdays?.

btw; I have an old 333mhz p3 that runs faster than my 3g p4. Al depends what you do to it  ;)
W.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2004, 12:18:14 AM »
not really the G5 starts at 1799 so does the dell XPU start about the same price. really great the G5 is I ordered 2 more 1GB chips today so I can expand to 8GB. Just to have the biggest mac for the time being.
and I can get the ram through macworld for about half price  ;D

I think the G5 and the dell XPU are about equal. only diffrence the dell has more HD space.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 12:25:24 AM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2004, 12:23:36 AM »
I think the Flextor's are up in the 20+Tb now
ok what would a company need with 20Tb of space? really come on thats a waste of money. Apple Xserve RAID has all the space you REALLY need. How many corps actually order the 20TB models? not too many I would think. I have an old Xserve 200Mhz 125Gb at home that I bought off our IT staff when they upgraded and am playing around with it I installed MAC OS 7.6 server and it can do anything those fancy Flextors can just mabye not quite as fast

Walker

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2004, 12:28:48 AM »
Just to have the biggest mac for the time being.
and I can get the ram through macworld for about half price  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Walker

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2004, 12:31:25 AM »
ok what would a company need with 20Tb of space?

You get wrong. I agree with you (well perhaps some corp's DO use the capacity). I just thought you hadn't realised when you mention MAC being the largest.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2004, 12:36:44 AM »
I knew there was 9.2 TB Dells And that there probally biggger windows models. I just didnt know how big.  afterall Im only paid to know about macs but I try to know about windows as well.

Walker

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2004, 12:40:07 AM »
Okedokey,

Guess I'm not reading properly  ;D

W.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2004, 12:40:16 AM »
http://www.macworldexpo.com/macworldexposf/V40/index.cvn
 check this out. I will be there everyday for the expo.  Jason will also be there.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 12:40:33 AM by MacLover2000 »

Walker

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2004, 12:43:41 AM »
Lucky you  ;) San Fransisco

I'm in a different part of the world  ;)

W.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2004, 12:44:57 AM »
i live in NC so I have to fly across the country to get there!

Walker

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2004, 12:46:55 AM »
Mine would be half way round the globe

Better close this chat before the moderators moan about 'off topic'  ;)

I've IM'ed you

W.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2004, 12:49:32 AM »
ok thread closed