Author Topic: Avast Premier uninstall  (Read 876 times)

REDACTED

Avast Premier uninstall
« on: January 11, 2018, 07:59:35 PM »
I have tried absolutely everything I can think of.  First just tried to do a repair, but it hung during the repair.  Then tried to uninstall thru the windows app removal, hung again.  Then tried avastclear in safe mode, hung again when it got to uninstallingexchange.ps1.  Then tried to manually remove it by deleting all directories and any instance of avast in the registry.  Then ran avastclear again and it hung at the same place again.  Then I downloaded a fresh copy of premier and tried installing it over the top of the bad install, it hangs what looks to be about 80% into the install.  Keep in mind during all of the above the system is pretty much frozen, I can hardly do anything else.  Even trying to open task manager takes 15-20 minutes to open.  Any help on this would be appreciated.  I can usually figure this stuff out but this one has men stumped.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Premier uninstall
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 12:29:23 AM »
just to let everybody know an update.  Since avastclear kept hanging I decided to just let it run and see if would make any progress.  Well, it did, and it ran for about 8 hours then it finally said the uninstall completed.  But after that, went back into reg windows and the installation is going on its 4 hour mark but seems to be stuck around 90%.  I'm guessing that even tho I went in and deleted every fragment I could find there must be some read only file or reg entry that is holding it up.