Author Topic: Cannot see/copy my password - "Loading" loop  (Read 4076 times)

REDACTED

Cannot see/copy my password - "Loading" loop
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:53:15 PM »
When I make want to see my password in Avast user interface->Privacy->Passwords I can't do that: whenever I click on an item - the "Loading" pop-up appears and does not show me the window with my login details. However, the login details are filled correctly when using chrome of Avast browser.
I'm using Windows 10PRO.
~1-2 weeks ago it used to work OK.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Cannot see/copy my password - "Loading" loop
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:50:41 AM »
I'm sorry you are having troubles. This issue is caused by bug in our update process which led to having old GUI code with rest of avast updated. It should get fixed by its own after reboot, if not then we have claimed from couple of reports that repair of your installation fixes the issue.

Offline MoonStar

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 11:50:08 AM »

I still have it for days now. No mater how many reboots I do

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:28:39 AM »
Could you please follow up this guide
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Repair-Antivirus
This will repair your avast installation and should ensure you have latest UI packages

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 04:43:41 PM »
Same issue here.
I tried the way you suggested using repair, but it didn't help.
Although I tried complete re-install, after uninstall and fresh install, I have the same issue.
I noticed that the items imported from chrome browser(users, passwords) were showing loading loop, but creating an item by manual it showed the details.
And it worked normally a week ago.
So how can you fix this issue?
I also have login issue from Status -> Sign in -> use google account
and just white small screen appeared and the login return to the sign in screen.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 06:50:18 AM »
The indication you have new user interface packages is that you will see 4 tabs in Password section in Avast. So if you still see just one tab as you are used to from older version you don't have latest UI package and there is something very bad with your installation. Have you used installer from our sites for the fresh install? Was that online or offline one?

Offline David1131

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 08:50:00 AM »
I'm having a similar but not exactly the same problem now. When I click on Passwords to see my password list, all I get is a loading loop

Note: I did update Avast this morning, I dunno if that caused it.

Other notes: I have the paid version for all my Avast

See attached

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 04:17:34 PM »
How many passwords (approximately) do you have? I can see some slowdown on first load after update for users with huge list of passwords.

Offline David1131

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 04:25:29 PM »
Hi guys,

Suddenly it works now, I dunno why...

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 08:14:20 AM »
Good to know it ;-)
I have some candidate and I will check it out once I finish off all my current tasks. We are building cache for the records so we don't have to run some cpu expensive tasks everytime something gets changed. As we need to get rid off all sensitive data from memory to keep you data safe building cache is quite slow and complex procedure so with respect to number of records it seems to me that performance of this fist cache build significantly degrades with number of records. As we are storing this cache is secure storage and loading it from there on start then once it is built all runs quite fast on next subsequent load of records. I have no evidence for this theory yet, but it's at least on my TODO list. If confirmed I will push our DEVs to do something with it.