Author Topic: Grimefighter will not allow laptop to start  (Read 3497 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter will not allow laptop to start
« on: December 28, 2017, 03:41:35 PM »
Did a window feature update this morning, now grimefighter puts laptop into sedate mode. Cannot access bios setup will not boot from CD/DVD computer is basically useless. This after upgrading to Avast Premium on Black Friday special. Can anyone help ? How do I prevent Grimefighter from Starting up ?

REDACTED

Re: Grimefighter will not allow laptop to start
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 05:54:41 PM »
I too have lost many files and cannot access any applications.  I have tried every way I can think of to recover anything at all with no success.  I think Avast has no idea what to do to rectify the situation that many of us seem to be having.

REDACTED

Re: Grimefighter will not allow laptop to start
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 07:09:55 AM »
In typical Avast fashion 1 week later I get a reply from Avast to ask me exactly what my laptop is doing !. How pathetic.....

Warning to others; I had to take laptop to a repair centre. The only way they could sort it out was to remove hard drive, install it into another laptop and then do complete reformat. Even after this BIOS can still not be accessed. It seems that its been locked out.

The worst thing about this is that I foolishly paid for this to happen (AVAST Premier Subscription) and the pathetic after-service from AVAST is no help. AVAST will never ever see 1 cent from me, my colleagues or family ever again !