Author Topic: Request to Administrator  (Read 1625 times)

REDACTED

Request to Administrator
« on: January 02, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »
Dear Sir, Thank you for removing my 2 posts earlier, but is it possible please to remove my forum account details as i can still see them and i can still log in to the forum. Again i sincerely apologise for all this. It is only the forum that i would like to leave, my avast account is not involved. I am very sorry i have no other way to contact Admin. Could you kindly remove this post once it has been dealt with.

Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:07:29 PM by m.b »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Request to Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 06:05:53 PM »
I dont think you can ... account/forum are connected  >>  https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Forum-access

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:19:23 PM »
I am sorry for being confused. I have read where members of the forum have had their forum account deleted. If that is done does that then prevent them logging into their free avast account?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 03:48:44 PM »
I am sorry for being confused. I have read where members of the forum have had their forum account deleted. If that is done does that then prevent them logging into their free avast account?

Not sure if you are likely to get a definitive answer on this as:
1.  No one want to try it.
2.  The respondents are avast users like yourself.

This would probably need an Avast Moderator or the forum Administrator to answer any linkage issue. 

It is certainly possible for you to delete your my.avast.com account and that I believe would kill your forum access/account or the ability to logon to it. But existing posts would likely remain but under a Guest name.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
Is there a moderator who can help please? is there any way i can leave the forum and have my forum account details removed but still keep my free avast account?

Offline Rundvleeskroket

• Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 04:48:48 PM »
You really don't need an account to use Avast Free.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 04:54:55 PM »
Sir, what would happen if i delete my avast account, will my free avast still function? i thought the account was needed to connect the device to free avast.

Offline Rundvleeskroket

• Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »
I don't know. All I can tell you is that I have used Avast Free on multiple machines, and none of these installs have ever been connected to an Avast Account. All I do is once a year or so renew the registration when asked.

None of my copies of Avast Free are signed in.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:22:43 PM by Rundvleeskroket »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 12:50:56 PM »
If i were to delete my avast account would that erase my forum details, ie user name and password? or are they still kept stored on the forum system?
i only use free avast. would deleting my account cause any problem renewing the free avast subscription?

Offline Rundvleeskroket

• Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 06:49:30 PM »
I don't know but it seems unlikely. I don't have an Avast Account but I am registered on the forum. So, one does not require / is dependent on the other.

You don't need an Avast Account to renew the free subscription. Just choose the free option when the renewal dialog comes up once a year. You don't even have to enter an email adress.

Maybe you can request your forum profile to be anonimized. Your last name already seems to be reduced to one letter.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:54:11 PM by Rundvleeskroket »