Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

MS Security Update for Meltdown

(1/32) > >>

moroni:
UPDATE [Jan 9] Microsoft has pushed the update to Win 8.1 as well. Users of Avast should receive the updates automatically for all the supported versions of Windows.

--------------------------------------------------

UPDATE [Jan 8] Microsoft is the pushing security updates in stages. As of now, Avast users of Win 7, Win 10 RS2 and Win 10 RS3 are getting security updates automatically, other versions will follow soon.

--------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

Please be aware that AVAST is compatible with the MS Security Update for the Intel Vulnerability called "Meltdown" since December 2017, and is also storing the required registry key (since January 3rd 2018). Users of AVAST should not have any issues receiving the patch via Windows Update.

More info at https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/253/

pdkent2002:
Maybe I shouldn't be having trouble, but I am.  I'm using Win 10 Home, 1709 (build 16299.125), Avast Free Antivirus 17.9.2322 (Build 17.9.3761.0) with virus definition 180105-0.  My firewall is the Windows 10 built-in firewall left at the MS default settings.  Forcing a Windows update indicates that I'm up to date.  However, my last update was installed in mid-December.  Similarly, forcing updates to the Avast program and virus definitions also indicates that I'm up to date.  However, no sign of the MS patch for Meltdown.  Suggestions please!
Peter

pdkent2002:
Further information, I checked my registry and do not have the key I'm supposed to have.  Please advise.  Peter
CORRECTION:  I was looking in the wrong place in the registry.  I do have the required key.  However, MS update isn't providing the patch.  Should I wait until Tuesday or manually download and install the patch now?

suk:
It looks like Microsoft is pushing the patch quite slowly (it was not offered on my computer either).
If you want to install it manually without waiting, you can get the cumulative update for Win10 from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4056892/windows-10-update-kb4056892 - there is a link to Microsoft Update Catalog website.

TheOwner:
Hello, I expect this fix at patch tuesday (second tuesday in month).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version