Author Topic: [SOLVED] Avast Online Security on Firefox. Blocking Tracking Tools not keeping  (Read 3206 times)

Offline JC (Orange.fr)

Hello everyone.
I use both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome which is cool for me.
So I have Avast Online Security on both my browsers.
But on Firefox, the "Automatic locking of tracking tools" does not remain "activated" from each session.
On Google Chrome I don't have this problem, this "Automatic locking of tracking tools" remains allways "activated".

Do you know what could be the concern and do you have the same problems ?

Thank you for your answers

Jean-Claude

PS: Sorry for my english. I posted the same request in the French zone, but I want to increase my chances for resolve my problem... Sorry for that  :-[
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:13:48 PM by JClaude (Orange.fr) »
Win10 x64 v1903 - Avast Internet Security - Lenovo ThinkCentre 8Gb & Hdd Velociraptor 600Gb.

Offline MrMaxaMan

Are you deleting cookies? Avast uses a cookie for the settings.
Avast Free 20.3.2405 - Comodo 12.2.2.7036 Firewall with D+ - Winpatrol Free.
On demand - MBAM - Super Antispyware.
Windows 10 64bit - 16GB Ram.

Offline JC (Orange.fr)

Hi Bumper.
Thanks for this info ;)
It seems that the cookie "id.avast.com" keeps the settings of the Avast Online Security plugin.
But I do not explain why this cookie disappears regularly when I do not use tools to clean them >:( .
And why Google Chrome not suffered the same worry  :o ? I suppose Avast Online Security plugin use the same cookie for Chrome...
You would have a track ??? ?
Cheers
JClaude

Windows 10 - 1709 - 16299125 / Firefox 57.0.4 x64 default settings / Chrome 63.0.3239.132 x64 default settings.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:02:28 PM by JClaude (Orange.fr) »
Win10 x64 v1903 - Avast Internet Security - Lenovo ThinkCentre 8Gb & Hdd Velociraptor 600Gb.

Offline Happychappy

I had a similar problem with Firefox when I used ccleaner it would delete this cookie dc78ce93-13c3-4e5c-9c55-e1d2588cd481 and the settings revert back to standard.

I have moved this cookie to the right to keep in ccleaner and the settings remain,hope this helps.

Offline JC (Orange.fr)

[SOLVED] Avast Online Security on Firefox... Tracking Tools not keeping !
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »
Hi Happychappy
I don't use CCleaner each time.
I added the cookie in the list of CCleanar cookie's exclusions...
But I still do not know why it only affects Firefox and not Chrome?
The Chrome plugin will use a different method than the cookie for saving settings ??
I'm looking for why this cookie goes away without the use of CCleaner.
But that suits me.
Thank you

Offline Happychappy

Hi JClaude,looking at my firefox settings.

I have privacy and security > clear history when firefox closes > settings and make sure cookies is UNTICKED.

Hope this helps.