Author Topic: Want to change my primary email/user name  (Read 7174 times)

REDACTED

Want to change my primary email/user name
« on: January 07, 2018, 01:58:17 AM »
Hello,

I need some advice before attempting this. Have been using Avast Internet Security on my primary home computer, as well as our two laptops for a number of years. Given that we will likely change our ISP in the next month or so, I need to change to another user ID. The user ID is based on my current ISP that probably will be dropped when fiber comes to our area. My proposed new ID is on Gmail.

The "new" user ID that I wish to use is currently linked to a "free" AVAST! account. I would like to link this computer and the other laptops to this other email. If I do that, will I lose my subscription to AVAST! for software and virus signature updates? I have a third laptop I just installed free AVAST! on; I would like to upgrade it to at least Internet Security or may go to the Premier version given its newer features.

Thanks,
Robby

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Want to change my primary email/user name
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:06:12 PM »
Hi robby308,

Sorry for the delay. We can change your email registered to your license for a new one. Please send us the details thru this form https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_other and post the ticket ID you receive so I can follow up on your request :)

Offline =Snake=

• Still using Avast Free!
  • Maybe Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 09:35:48 PM »
@moroni
Hello!

Inspite of reading this, I'm not shure, if I'm right in this section. In the past, there was a lot of trouble concerning my mail provider (see screenshot) and private, too.
That mail provider rolled back to unsafe ports (25 + 110!) and inspite of several mails to their support, they didn't want to change anything! It concerns my old account 'HDW38', which I want back. But in case of frustration, I deleted that account and registered new as '=Snake='.
The posts you see there, I want to add into 'HDW38' account, so you can take the mail address of '=Snake=' for 'HDW38' by deleting the '=Snake=' account.

=Snake=
Desktops: AMD LE1620, W7 ult SP1 [x86] | IP-4, XP pro SP3[x86] | Intel Celeron, W7 ult SP1 [x86] | AMD-Athlon 1800+, XP pro SP3, [x86] in WL |
Laptops:   HP G72 , W10 Home [x64]  v22H2 (Build 19045.2728) | Acer Aspire ES1-131, W10 Home [x64] v1511 (Build 10586.1106)|
Firefox ESR [AOS,NS,uBO,uMatrix],Thunderbird,MCShield,CCleaner,Defraggler,MBAM Free,MBAE, Avast Free Antivirus|

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:59:18 PM »
Hello,

I apologize for the long delay in getting back with you. Thanks a bunch for the answer, I'll get on this soon.

Regards,
Robby