Author Topic: Available device count 1, Avast Internet security installation more PCs  (Read 1160 times)

Offline pant.papamanolis

Hello everyone and happy new year,

I am new to the forum and this is actually my first post. I have the following problem. I have 4 computers connected to the same account.
One of them has an Avast Internet Security license and the other 3 have the Free Antivirus license.

When purchasing the internet security license, if I remember correctly it said that I can install it on 2 or 3 computers (not sure). At the main page
of my account it says: "You have licenses available to use"

Based on this, I decided to upgrade my second computer from free antivirus to internet security. I did it and both computers seem to be working fine,
however my problem is that if I click my available license online it keeps saying "Available device count: 1", which is the same as before and
in general I don't really understand, am I allowed to use the same license to more than one computers? if yes how many?

Sorry for the large message and thank you in advance for your reply.

With best regards,
Pantelis

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Available device count 1, Avast Internet security installation more PCs
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 08:43:32 PM »
Hi and welcome.
If I understand you it would depend on License upgrade if it was for 3 PC's
If 2 are working fine with the same License then I would assume the  "Available device count: 1" means you can register one more PC.
Just a thought.

Offline pant.papamanolis

Re: Available device count 1, Avast Internet security installation more PCs
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:47:22 PM »
Hello and thank you for the prompt reply,

The problem is that even before the upgrade of the second computer, it said the same thing:
Available device count: 1

That's why I got a bit confused and I cannot understand, what exactly is happening.

Regards,
Pantelis