Author Topic: Installing Devices via AB Console  (Read 2116 times)

REDACTED

Installing Devices via AB Console
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:12:51 PM »
hi community,

I'd like to start using AB  ; downloaded avast_business_mc setup, installed it with FQDN of my Client Machine (Win8.1 Pro N).
Dowbnloaded msi +exe of each offline- and online installer programme. Deployed them to several machines - but no machines appearing in the console.

Is there an easy way to find out whats going wrong - fed up already and close to dumping it. can't be that hard.

Hints are very much appreciated, thanks in advance !

cheers
- Andre

REDACTED

Re: Installing Devices via AB Console
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »
hi again,

forgot to mention: firewall is off . network is simple plain Class-B network, clients can ping the one with the MC.

thanks!

REDACTED

Re: Installing Devices via AB Console
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:27:55 AM »
Dowbnloaded msi +exe of each offline- and online installer programme. Deployed them to several machines - but no machines appearing in the console.

cheers
- Andre

Just confirming that you have setup group policy to deploy the MSI's? You can do this by going to Group Policy Management -> Default Domain Policy (Or configure a new policy if you don't want it to deploy domain wide) -> Edit -> Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Software Settings -> Software Installation, then create a new package pointing to the MSI on a network location.

You will also need to set group policy to fully initialise the network before login to make the installer work. You can do this by going to Group Policy Management -> Default Domain Policy -> Edit -> Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon and configure the setting "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" to Enabled.

The group policy can take a while to update on your machines (hours or even days depending on the settings).

The machines take a number of restarts to pickup the group policy changes and fully install Avast.

I also found that the installer doesn't work correctly if any of the machines are using the free version of avast. It will need to be manually uninstalled first.