Author Topic: Win32:Hantaner  (Read 12351 times)

jennicydal187

Win32:Hantaner
« on: February 07, 2003, 03:20:01 AM »
Is there a removal tool for Win32:Hantaner?  So far my search has turned up nothing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  ::)

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:Win32:Hantaner
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 04:42:43 PM »
Is there a removal tool for Win32:Hantaner?  So far my search has turned up nothing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  ::)

I do not know a tool for removing Hantaner, but it  spread via Kazaa. Avast should be able to kill that Virus. The Virus only infects Files in the Kazaa download and Internetexplorer download folder.   If you search for "Hantaner" using google, you will find some Virus  descriptions for that VIrus
MfG Ralf

Chrisyx

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 08:56:23 AM »
Hi, the virus gets into all kinds of download folders, as long as it's called 'download/s' i think.

if you have the resident protection on in Avast, then it should be able to repair it? i hope!

anyways, yeah it was from kazaa, becareful of any .exe files on kazaa, cos it's mass-infected now.

Ciao!
 :)

hagan

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 10:21:02 PM »
i was told that you cannot get a virus if your just downloading music, only games and software.  does anyone know how true this is? ??? ???

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 01:02:37 PM »
You are right, if these files are "only" Music files, but sometimes there are fake mp3 or other Picture file, who contain two extentions like vbs or exe com and others. If you use standard settings of the explorer you will only the music.mp3 instead of music.mp3.vbs and of course this is allmost  Malware
MfG Ralf