Author Topic: Avast Pro- Does it support Dolphin Browser?  (Read 2113 times)

REDACTED

Avast Pro- Does it support Dolphin Browser?
« on: December 22, 2017, 03:30:42 AM »
I purchased Avast Mobile Pro and like it reasonably well. According to the product info, it supports "Dolphin Mini" -which I believe no longer exists. Instead, there is Dolphin Express and the full-size Dolphin Browser. Both use the Tunny Browser. Therefore, can someone here say for sure whether the Dolphin Browsers currently offered are protected by Avast?

Support for add-on browsers was one of the prime reasons I chose Avast.

Thanks

REDACTED

Re: Avast Pro- Does it support Dolphin Browser?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 04:33:35 AM »
I'm guessing that the lack of reply from Avast personnel suggests that the program does not offer support for either Dolphin browser.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:16:12 PM »
Hi, sorry for the silence, nearly all company had a Christmas holiday. Let me check with people concerned and get back to you as soon as I find out exact details about the Dolphin browsers.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »
Hi, thanks for reporting the issue, some changes within Dolphin seem to have taken place. We have already started revising the situation and will correct the naming within our app. The list of supported browsers will be updated in the new AMS version.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 08:17:09 PM »
Thank you! I like your app and hope that it will include Dolphin. Yours is one of the very few Android AV apps that doesn't lock the user to Chrome or the built-in browser.

Kind regards and thanks!

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 03:28:24 PM »
Thanks for your reply.
There is a test you can conduct to find out, whether your browser is supported.
Just enable the webshiel, open the browser and paste http://web-shield-test.avast.com/
You might need to tap the URL again to see the malware warning (don't worry, it is not a real malware, just a testing code).
If you get the warning, it means your browser is protected.