Author Topic: Using Script Blocking with Avant Browser  (Read 4007 times)

mvol

Using Script Blocking with Avant Browser
« on: May 27, 2006, 08:29:27 PM »
Hello,

I just wanted to ask if it is possible (and if yes how) to use
the Script Blocking provider with Avant Browser (www.avantbrowser.com).

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Using Script Blocking with Avant Browser
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 09:36:17 PM »
Well Script Blocker provider (avast pro version only) works with IE and since avant browser is an IE clone it might, I can't confirm this as I don't have the pro version and I have also uninstall avant in favour of firefox. The only thing I can suggest is to try it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mvol

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 09:49:32 PM »
Yeah, but in the settings I can only enable it for Internet Explorer, Netscape and Mozilla.

When I start Internet Explorer I see the Avast Script Blocking Splash window and everything works fine.
But when I start Avant Browser, the Splash doesn't show and Script Blocking seems not to work...

I think Avast doesnt detect Avant Browser as my Browser...
So how can I tell Avast that Avant Browser is my Browser?
 ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 11:24:09 PM »
With the script blocking provider you can only select the options of the supported browsers, I was hoping that because avant is an IE clone it would possibly work, it looks like it can't.

When you are using avant is the web shield provider working with it ?
If so one of the Alwil team has previously mentioned that the web shield also monitors scripts but doesn't intercept them in the same way as Script Blocker.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 01:11:41 AM »
With the script blocking provider you can only select the options of the supported browsers, I was hoping that because avant is an IE clone it would possibly work, it looks like it can't.
Clones do not work... Maxthon does not use the Script blocking option as far I could remember... now I use Firefox  8)

It should... WebShield scans the HTTP traffic of Maxthon browser.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 01:25:26 AM »
It should... WebShield scans the HTTP traffic of Maxthon browser.
What I was wondering was if Avant was an approved/supported browser and as such no need to optin to the web shield. I can't remember as it was a long time ago that I uninstalled Avant.

drhayden1

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 01:42:18 AM »
davidr.....i use both maxthon and avant now.......i uninstalled firefox cause of the problem ewido was or is having with a tracking cookie issue with ewido....its on their ewido forum......having avast!pro....script blocking works with the avant browser and the web shield works with both browsers.....and when i did have the home version a while back and was using avant browser then i remember the web shield running on the avast!home......don't know if this helped but i thought i would mention the above.......have a good one :D 8) ::)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 01:47:50 AM by drhayden1 »