Author Topic: Please Help?!?  (Read 2748 times)

micro2112

Please Help?!?
« on: May 27, 2006, 11:27:14 PM »
I have been using Avast for about 2 years now, ever since McAffee failed to detect a virus that nearly wiped out my PC.

However I am now having a problem with a consistant Trojan by the name of win32:Trojan-gen; Avast will catch the trojan trying to start up. I have folowed the suggested action of moving it to chest, as well as the delete option. I have boot-scaned 3 times, and still about every 20 min to hour i will get a warning again about the virus.

Has anyone had a problem like this before? can anyone help me?

Spiritsongs

Re: Please Help?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 11:36:17 PM »
 :)  Hi Micro :

For best fighting trojans, we usually recommend using
    "Ewido" from www.ewido.net/en IF YOU HAVE WIN XP OR
      WIN 2000. There are many posts on this forum about
      this .

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Please Help?!?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 12:15:02 AM »
Quote from: micro2112
I have boot-scaned 3 times, and still about every 20 min to hour i will get a warning again about the virus.
I assume that this is a detection by the web shield provider, giving a location in the internet ?
If not what was the file name, where was it found example (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ?

So it looks like you may have a trojan on your system that is trying to download more malware and that is being detected by avast but not the downloader trojan, as Spiritsongs said Ewido for XP another if win98/ME, etc. is a-squared.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode. Ewido Security Suite If using winXP. or a-Squared free if using win98/ME.

Do you have a firewall, because that should be able to stop unauthorised outbound connections ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security