Author Topic: Avast makes my screen jump  (Read 8515 times)

Negeltu

Re: Avast makes my screen jump
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 01:35:06 PM »
I had the same prob after installing avast.  It only happened in Firefox and applications based on mozilla.  For some reason though.. my problem disappeared.  I really believe it was related to avast. 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 01:43:25 PM »
I can't imagine how to relate the browser windows behavior with avast... really, how?
You can manage avast behavior while you're using full screen applications, but the contrary, how?
Are you sure that browser options and specially extensions aren't due to this behavior?
The best things in life are free.

Negeltu

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 03:05:17 PM »
For myself...  I cannot say how you would relate the two.  I can only tell you what I observed on my system and 2 of my friends systems when I put avast on theirs.  The jumping started after installation of avast ONLY in Firefox and Mozilla.  But as I said.. the prob has since gone away.  Could be one heck of a coincidence I suppose. 

hlloyge

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 11:34:55 PM »
Set skins to default ones in Firefox and that mail program from Mozilla... Firebird?
The problem is related to skins for Mozilla products, some of them aren't working properly.

Ivan.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 03:30:26 AM »
Set skins to default ones in Firefox and that mail program from Mozilla... Firebird?
The problem is related to skins for Mozilla products, some of them aren't working properly.
Just a hint that worked for me. Check if in the Status Bar there isn't too much programs (extensions) and buttoms.
If the width is larger than the screen, Firefox try to adjust, the screen jump, and, after all, not all the toolbars fit in the screen.
Well, remove the extensions that make the status bar larger than the screen.

I hope McAffee SiteAdvisor team listen my asks for narrowing the long unlegible buttom they add in the status bar  :P
The best things in life are free.