Author Topic: Avast Cleanup and Jumpshot/GrimeFighter support  (Read 2434 times)

REDACTED

Avast Cleanup and Jumpshot/GrimeFighter support
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:57:03 AM »
Years ago I was a backer for a project called Jumpshot on Kickstarter. Eventually that group sold their technology to Avast and everyone who was a backer of Jumpshot were entitled to a free 1 to 1 lifetime subscription to what Avast then called GrimeFighter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thejumpshot/jumpshot-a-new-weapon-to-battle-pc-frustration/posts/606325

I have used that feature periodically, however today I no longer have access to the free lifetime subscription. Note that this should be visible at the account level even when using the free version of Avast. I no longer see this in my account and am prompted to enter a key to enable Avast Cleanup in their GUI.

The thread below shows initial problems getting access to GrimeFighter when it was first added to Avast.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=161854.0

Does anyone know how can I contact Avast support to regain the free lifetime cleaning feature?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast Cleanup and Jumpshot/GrimeFighter support
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 01:44:44 PM »
Hi,

I was finally able to verify your claim and now we are waiting for the responsible people who will migrate your original GrimeFighter license to the new format which will be compatible with a new Cleanup.

Please be patient here and I will update you once we will have it ready.

Thank you!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 02:32:12 PM »
Were you ever able to get your license extended to their new product? I contacted support and was told because they discontinued their previous product, my license won't translate over.

Very upset.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 04:07:27 PM »
Were you ever able to get your license extended to their new product? I contacted support and was told because they discontinued their previous product, my license won't translate over.

Very upset.

Hi,

I can confirm that we created a new license for the new Cleanup product based on navilor's claim.
I am already looking at your case and I will get back to you soon once I will have a license for you because based on my initial check you seem to have the same right to get a new license as navilor had.

I will reach to you soon via PM, just please be patient as I need to check that with other guys in the company before I get the license for you.

Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 05:47:22 PM »
Thank you Stellarman!