Author Topic: Computer won't shut down since clean up installed  (Read 4364 times)

REDACTED

Computer won't shut down since clean up installed
« on: November 23, 2017, 10:05:57 AM »
Installed clean up premium 48hrs ago, since then my computer won't shut down unless I kill the power. I am just left with shutting down and the spinning wheel. I uninstalled it yesterday evening and computer shut down fine, re installed it again and now it won't shut down again! Using Windows 7

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Computer won't shut down since clean up installed
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 10:23:14 AM »
Hi,

this is really some king of misbehavior of our product which is not supposed to do.

Could you please collect the logs files from your computer in order to help us investigate the issue?

Log files are stored here: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Tuneup\log\ and you could then upload it either to your favourite file share or you could use our FTP server ftp.avast.com/ftp/incoming/ (login: anonymous).

Thank you!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »
Will do this evening, at work at moment.

Offline Steve461

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 05:12:37 PM »
I too have the same problem shutting down after installing Avast Cleanup, just sits there saying it's logging off. This tells me that I was a little too ruthless doing the initial 'cleanup'. That file path in previous message to get at the log files doesn't exist on mine and I'm running W7 too? Anyway, there wasn't a solution posted as a followup, anyone else have same problem and know what it is?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 05:20:05 PM »
That file path in previous message to get at the log files doesn't exist on mine and I'm running W7 too?
Hi, you need admin rights and allow hidden files/folders.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Steve461

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 05:31:51 PM »
Okay, thanks...this got me to the area...some of the files can't open says they are in use. But it wouldn't matter anyway because I don't know what I'm looking for, should I try and copy, and send them to that ftp link in the thread?

Offline Steve461

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 05:39:32 PM »
Okay, got 'em all in a zip file ready to go somewhere for someone to look at.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
OK, you can upload your logs here: ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/
Pick a unique name (and post it here), so Stellarman can find it. Thanks
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Steve461

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »
Thanks, believe I transferred it, Fireftp was toasted by firefox so I had to download another option, learn how to use it then do it*sigh*...anyway, it's called avastcleanuplog_steve461.zip, hopefully it actually went, program says it was successful.