Author Topic: avast passwords not working -- win 10  (Read 2841 times)

REDACTED

avast passwords not working -- win 10
« on: December 28, 2017, 06:57:22 AM »
When started Passwords shows its usual list of passwords (now in random, or maybe most recently used, sequence) but when I select any one of them I get a white box containing 'Account details' a little rotating circle & 'loading' -- this remains indefinately. 
Passwords does fill in the details (username, password) of a logon screen if this is presented manually (i.e. by entering the logon screen access path directly (e.g. into the google search bar) to invoke the web site's logon on screen), so the bit that seems not to be working is the bit that previously invoked the web sites logon screen automatically from Passwords.
Environment: Chrome, win 10 -- all updates installed automatically.

solution -- restart -- this also corrects the 'random' sequence of available password records & makes them alphabetical again.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:51:57 AM by kathandaland »

Offline peter827

Re: avast passwords not working -- win 10
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 07:06:54 AM »
Restart how???

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: avast passwords not working -- win 10
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 10:00:59 AM »
By restart the reboot of computer is meant. During the restart all new guid packages should get updated and it should resolve the issue. You problem is caused by the issue with distribution of GUI packages. As they are distributed alongside binaries it may happen that due to networking problem (most likely) you will get updated binaries but you won't get updated GUI package and that causes the issue. If restart won't help, please follow this guide
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Repair-Antivirus
If should work 100%