Author Topic: Master Password unlock issues  (Read 2779 times)

Offline tkean56

Master Password unlock issues
« on: August 04, 2017, 03:13:46 AM »
I have been recently (last couple of months ) been using Avast privacy re passwords.
I have windows 10 with ccleaner I had malware anti malwares but stopped that a few days ago as their new security thing was not allowing me on sites like you tube and other sites I regularly go on.
I have had good service from malware anti malwares and avast for years, both systems i used have been the free versions.
I realise things are hotting up re viruses etc..
so now for the last few days as I try to unlock the avast password on right hand of firefox browser it won't show up to put my master password in.
so I tried opening the avast user interface and all I get as I go to "privacy - password " to unlock the master there It just shakes, I thought of changing password but that means all passwords will be changed..
Any suggestions.

I usually use the firefox browser, but the other day as I was having issues with MAnti maleware , I used microsoft edge for an evening but after i uninstalled MAMW things re avast password seem to happen.? someone here asked the question re using two browsers does Avast Password recognise both.
I'm beginning to think I'll cancel the Password thing altogether...

Offline Paul10

Re: Master Password unlock issues
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 01:22:01 PM »
I come here to this forum for help. 
I see this post has been up for over 6 months with no answer.
I have a similar problem.
AVAST forums must be a waste of time.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Master Password unlock issues
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 01:38:05 PM »
When I have decided replying on our product related forum threads and I have decided to leave old issues unresolved as in plenty of cases I would need more info in order to be able provide any meaningful help and it didn't make sense to wake up couple months old threads. That's why some posts are not responded for months and most likely never will be answered.

What do you mean by same problem? Could you describe me your symptoms from your perspective?