Author Topic: Compliments to Avast  (Read 3506 times)

sowen

Compliments to Avast
« on: December 29, 2003, 08:38:24 PM »
I just purchased Avast Pro for use on my WinXP Pro server (file, web and email servers) at home. I am a fairly demanding user, and as my rash of postings will attest, I've experienced a number of irritating bugs, inconsistencies and blemishes to be worked out in and between the interfaces. :-\

However, the selection of scanners, the configurability, and the speed of the engine itself are superb. My compliments on these things to the Avast developers.

I have used Norton AV 2000, 2001 and 2002. A full backup of my home network with NAV installed on the systems used to take 15 hours, and a weekly incremental would take 3 hours. Since Avast adds a LOT less overhead to filesystem operations, my backup time has been reduced by over 50%. ;D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 08:42:10 PM by sowen »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:Compliments to Avast
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 09:06:06 PM »
the selection of scanners, the configurability, and the speed of the engine itself are superb. My compliments on these things to the Avast developers.
ah yes  the only other AV that is more configurable  than avast is F-secure but with 3 engines scanning speed is very slow. I use it as a back up scanner
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Compliments to Avast
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 01:31:01 AM »
I have used Norton AV 2000, 2001 and 2002. A full backup of my home network with NAV installed on the systems used to take 15 hours, and a weekly incremental would take 3 hours. Since Avast adds a LOT less overhead to filesystem operations, my backup time has been reduced by over 50%. ;D

Sowen, can you guess why we are here?  ;D
Yeah, I used NAV in the past too  :'(

However, the selection of scanners, the configurability, and the speed of the engine itself are superb. My compliments on these things to the Avast developers.

We can add a lot of other superb features, begginning with the best forum help at the Web I have ever found  ;)
The best things in life are free.