Author Topic: avast found malware on SYS sim ( false positive or not )  (Read 1540 times)

REDACTED

avast found malware on SYS sim ( false positive or not )
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:13:29 PM »
So guys, I might seem paranoid about this but I think that it might be related to another problem I caused( sorry for bad english). I'll tell the main problem before I give details to the other problem that may or may not be related to the main problem. The main problem is that avast found a malware on SYS sim, I dont know whether to delete this or not because I am scared because I do not know what would happen if I do delete it because I literally have no clue about stuff like this, ( Im nowhere near being a genius on technology, its very obvious by now) Other anti virus apps like malwarebytes or bit defender didnt report SYS sim being a virus or containing one, Norton says it has unusual behavior but I still cant decide to take the risk and delete it. So what is SYS sim and should I delete it? to the other problem that I dont know whether related to the topic or not but happened earlier before the scan. i accidentally spelled google to googpe and took me to a pop up site there was a pop up saying that my android 5.1 has a virus, i tried to close the browser but it took me to an app called iq option broker on play sotre before i could close it. I didnt install the app becuase I know that this was a scam. Thanks to my curiosity, i searched googpe again and took me to the same app. I delete the cache and rebooted my phone. I downloaded avast and found a malware on my sys sim. I didnt have an anti virus before on my phone so i dont know whether the malware was recent or not but other than that was gmobi that was found by malwarebytes( which I also cant delete). So, is SYS sim a malware or is the report a false positive? What is it and should I delete it?

REDACTED

Re: avast found malware on SYS sim ( false positive or not )
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:03:44 PM »
Poke

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: avast found malware on SYS sim ( false positive or not )
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:35:39 PM »
Hi, malware on a SIM card doesn't exist.

You have probably come across some scareware advertising. For more on the topic please read this article:

https://www.androidauthority.com/mobile-scareware-ads-338182/