Author Topic: Avast business behaviour shield  (Read 5656 times)

REDACTED

Avast business behaviour shield
« on: January 20, 2018, 08:23:27 PM »
I am using an up-to-date Microsoft windows server 2008 R2, with avast business free.
I never had a behaviour shield listed anywhere.

After a recent re-installation, I found that:
Even though in the settings -> components -> security menu I find no sign for behaviour shield, exactly the same as the online console (business.avast.com/#network/policies. it is listed for Windows workstations, but I work with windows server), even as a premium-only feature.
In the protection -> core shields I see behaviour shield listed, with the following message: "the component was disabled by console admin". (screenshot added)

Is there any way to enable it?

REDACTED

Re: Avast business behaviour shield
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 09:40:55 PM »
I have the same problem with all my servers 2012R2 - 2016 Datacenters

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »
Currently, Behavior Shield is not available for Windows Servers, only for Windows workstations.

Offline Raymond9

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 08:19:18 PM »
I have the same issue on our servers.  Although it states disabled, AVAST is adding their own signature to all of our emails and I cannot find a way to switch it off.  About to delete the product altogether and go with another AV.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:54 PM »
This really should be in its own new topic as it is unrelated to this topic and almost 4 years old.

Whilst I don't use the Avast Business product, a screenshot of the setting/s that you say is disabled might help.

I'm using Avast free and the Avast signature would be implemented in the Mail Shield, now I don't know where that may be in the Avast Business product.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Raymond9

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 02:35:00 PM »
Thanks - I just listed here since it is exactly the same issue.  Attached is the mail shield. I can find no information online how to fix this and Avast are at a loss too...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 03:04:26 PM »
This topic makes no mention about the addition of an Email Signature which was my main point.  The Behaviour Shield which this topic was about doesn't handle email.

I can only presume that if the component is disabled by console admin, there must a setting in the Administrators settings to not only disable the Mail Shield but also switch off the addition of a signature.

If Avast are at a loss as to why this is happening, image how I as an Avast Antivirus Free for windows user feels.
What I also hoped for would be that a new topic might draw some attention.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security