Author Topic: Problems as of late (ca. 2 weeks) - Network access gets slower and slower  (Read 1422 times)

REDACTED

Hi,

I'm using Avast since 2012 and encountered never problems, until now ...

In the last two weeks my PC works OK directly after rebooting. After some four hours the network access slows down. Thunderbird
takes a while when switching folders and Chrome needs needs a long time (there are even some time-outs) for accessing secure
websites. An Avast process is on top of the task list - CPU wise - of the task manager, ist takes 15% - 20% CPU.
The system is a XEON 3, 16GB RAM and Win8.1 64 Prof.

After uninstalling Avast my system runs OK. I did the update to version 18.3.2333 today, but to no avail.

Has somebody similar problems and/or any help for me?

Regards, Hans

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
- Which Avast..? (Free/Pro/IS/Premier)
- Other security related software installed..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Is The Avast before shipping tested? The last updates are very buggy.
1) The user interface opens slowly.
2) The dialog of adding exclusions - does not opened.
3) With each update of the Avast, the computer becomes slower and slower
I already regret that I acquired a long license.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Is The Avast before shipping tested? The last updates are very buggy.
1) The user interface opens slowly.
2) The dialog of adding exclusions - does not opened.
3) With each update of the Avast, the computer becomes slower and slower
I already regret that I acquired a long license.
Please don't hijack the topic, you can post your comments here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=217950.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
<snip>
An Avast process is on top of the task list - CPU wise - of the task manager, ist takes 15% - 20% CPU.

Which Avast process is this?
Is the process constantly using more than 10% CPU?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

Hi,
sorry for the late answer.
It's the free Avast, no other security SW running.
The process is the "Avast Service (32 Bit)", it uses constantly more than 10% CPU.

I uninstalled/reinstalled Avast which helped with the described errors. But I discoverd a third issue during the uninstalled tries.
I'm running VMWare with a WinXP host and in that virtual machine Adobe Audition 3.0.1 (I'm not able to run Audition in the
native Win8.1 environment). The drives of WinXP are assigned to files on my RAID5 hard disk. Long operations of Audition
(presumably using virtual storage on the XP machine) take about two to three times as long (instead 15 mins => 45 mins) with
Avast installed.

Thanks for the help and regards,
Hans