Author Topic: Antitheft locked my phone after added 2nd SIM card, now cannot unlock  (Read 7369 times)

REDACTED

Today I added a second SIM card to y LG690 (had done this before without any problem) and after repowering it the Avast anti theft alarm kicked in. Somehow I managed to stop the siren and voice alarm, but I cannot unlock the phone.
I had set a 4 number unlock code but it is not accepted.

So I opened my Avast account where all my devices (PCs with Avast installed and other Android devices) are marked green, only this cell phone is marked yellow. The strange thing is that the web page says that Avast antivirus is not installed in the phone, but it is. It also says that anti theft is installed but deactivated.
I don´t understand how it can kick in if it is deactivated. Anyway I cannot activate it from the web because apparently Avast cannot connect to the device. "We cannot connect to your device".
But Wifi in the phone is enabled and works. E.g. while trying to unlock the phone, unknowingly I created several screenshots which have been uploaded to my Dropbox account via internet.
I cannot call this phone from anothe phone, so probably SMS don't work either.

On the phone I have two choices from the anti theft screen, "unlock" and "reestablish". The latter allows me to get to the log in screen of the phone and to enter my pin number. Done this, a google page is shown:
"Google
403. That's an error
Error: disallowed_useragent
This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent ....." (more following)
This is all I can do, all the rest is blocked and the anti theft screen appears.

Is there any way to recover the phone without resetting it to factory status?
I have several phone numbers and photos that I don't want to lose.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:13:14 AM by Volker99999 »

REDACTED

Re: Antitheft locked my phone after added 2nd SIM card, now cannot unlock
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 07:36:05 AM »
Hello,
I have the same issue after jurt replacing the SIM.
https://support.avast.com/pl-pl/article/127/ doesn't work because of OAuth issue

Could moderators please help to resolve this?
Thanks,
Michał

REDACTED

I have the same issues too after change my simcard --" and my phone continuingly sending sms to my mother's phone, the sms is about my phone has been stolen T.T

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Which version of AAT..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

The previous one, i installed AAT about 2 years ago

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Enter your Avast PIN to unlock your device.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Jesse, Mobile Product Manager

• Avast team
Hello, please uninstall this old version of Anti-Theft, as it's no longer supported.

Anti-Theft is now a feature within Avast Mobile Security.

If you can't remember your PIN, you can change it from my.avast.com or tap RESET PIN at the top of the lock screen in the device.

After your device is unlocked, uninstall Avast Anti-Theft app.

I hope that helps!

Jesse, product manager

REDACTED

I have uninstalled it but my phone always sending sms to my mother's phone because I changed my sim card, how could I solve it ? I have send any command from my mother phone but it doesn't work at all.
The sms command should be : my avast pin then the command right ?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:27:44 AM by Asterzen »

REDACTED

The previous one, i installed AAT about 2 years ago

Same story.. obviously not fixed... Phone locked. Reset Avast password 20 times.. Not to avail. .Phone remains locked... If I hear one more time " uninstall APP" on a LOCKED PHONE....

Can someone come up with the solution? If Avast are unable to find it, perhaps you need to sell something else than this rubbish..
PS phone is Samsung Galaxy S8 +/ Never had a issue with sim until now.. Avast subscription being cancelled as we speak.. And much publicity to follow.