Author Topic: ashDisp.exe - Application Error when logging on  (Read 2867 times)

nordeide

ashDisp.exe - Application Error when logging on
« on: June 04, 2006, 03:01:43 PM »
Hi,

I run Windows XP Pro SP2 and avast! 4.7 Professional. I have several users set up, and if a user with regular "Users" permission, that is, not "Administrator", logs in, ab error message appears:

ashDisp.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click OK to terminate the application.

I have understood that this is a problem with permissions. I've tried setting "Full control" to the Program Files\Alwil Software directory for the affected user; also, I've set Read/Read & Execute" permissions for Windows\System32\msvbvm60.dll, as suggested at another site, but to no avail.

In addition, after I've clicked "OK" to the ashDisp.exe message, I get the same error for applications related to Adobe Acrobat and Logitech iTouch, so it seems to be something wrong with the permissions of something that these applications share.

For now, I solve the problem by letting the user be an Administrator, but how do I fix this properly?

Thanks for any advice!

pcdokter36

Re: ashDisp.exe - Application Error when logging on
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 08:43:11 PM »
Hello,

I had the same problem with several programs, adobe reader, avast etc.
I resolveld it with :
Description

The 0xc0000022 error is a security error. A regular user does not have rights to read a file that one of our software programs use.

Cause
Some 3rd party programs can errantly change the permissions on a file.

Resolution
Granting the same rights of the system32 folder to Everyone.

good luck

pcdokter