Author Topic: Avast Cleanup  (Read 1608 times)

REDACTED

Avast Cleanup
« on: January 26, 2018, 04:40:19 PM »
Hi, I recently activated my prevailing avast membership with avast internet security.Also I subscribe for the avast cleanup premier product for enhancing the overall performance of the computer.

I already ran it several times, and it took a lot of time to complete the cleanup prosess.And somehow my computer never run on optimal speed that desired.I'm running it on multiple accounts and changing accounts usually.What could be the problem, ı mean ı did a complete scan before in case of any dangerous files may be present in the operating system.Could you give me any tweaks how to improve the performance overall ?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 11:12:20 AM »
Hi,

well it's pretty hard to recommend something when I don't know how powerful your PC is and what kind of software do you have there.
Although one recommendation might be that you could try to put some programs to sleep which might help you to save some of the PC resources.
You can do that in Speed Up -> Background & startup programs.
I would recommend to put to sleep the programs you know that you are not using every day or that are not critical for you. You can also try to put to sleep everything by simple turning them to sleep one by one and checking whether the programs you need run as expected. If not you can always wake them up and ignore them.

Hope this helps you at least a bit.
Regards.