Author Topic: Avast is Blocking ALL downloads!?!?  (Read 2782 times)

REDACTED

Avast is Blocking ALL downloads!?!?
« on: January 28, 2018, 05:00:33 AM »
I have been suffering with my computer sending me this tidbit message every time I try to download anything, PDF, Bank Statements, anything I try to save. It has been going on for quite some time, and I always thought it was my Browser's fault, so I have gone through the Google folks like a million times and it still wasn't working. It says "Insufficient Permissions" 

The other day, I got hold of the Microsoft Tech and had him look into things on my computer, what we found out is that for some reason, my Avast Antivirus is blocking the downloads. He wanted me to ditch all applications of Avast and use Microsoft's brand, of course, but I said no, I really like Avast and I am sticking with them.

So my question is, how do I fix this problem? Tax time is upon us and I need, need, need those downloads.

Any help is appreciated and welcomed. Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Offline Pako7

• Poster
  • 18 years with Avast and i still recommend it
Re: Avast is Blocking ALL downloads!?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
am not aware of the problem but i would advice you to go and report a false detection .. https://support.avast.com/en-us

or repair your avast
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 16GB Ram/ avast! Premire 20.3.2405 (Build 20.3.5200.561) / Chromium Edge Version 81.0.416.72 (Official build) (64-bit), Avast Cleanup ,avast! mobile security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast is Blocking ALL downloads!?!?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 01:05:09 PM »
Does avast give any messages when blocking?   If so what does the message say (all info on it) you may post a screenshot