Author Topic: Temporarily disable Sandbox?  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Weasel

Temporarily disable Sandbox?
« on: January 29, 2018, 12:59:21 AM »
Is there no way to do this?
I'm looking for something like the "Disable Forced Programs" in SandboxIE.
At times I need to run a browser/program outside the sandbox to make changes I want to "stick". Other than going through the settings and removing programs from Virtualized Processes, all I see is an uninstall option.
I'm running Pro and IS.

Offline Weasel

Re: Temporarily disable Sandbox?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 12:59:48 AM »
From the lack of response I assume there's no way to do this other than drill down through the settings. WAY too much trouble. Guess I need to find another option for sandboxing.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 01:51:46 AM »
As far as I know, you can right-ckick on the program icon, and there will be an option to "Always run on sandbox", or there will be an option to disable the "always run on sandbox", if I remember correctly.

If you want another sandboxing program, you can try Sandboxie, that I recommend. (Avast sandbox is still good, in my opinion).

Offline Weasel

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 02:55:51 AM »
I see an "Always Run ..." and a "Run ...", but no "Don't Run ...". Plus those two options don't show up in the pinned task bar icon, only when you drill down to the program through "Start".
I've used SandboxIE for more years than I can remember, but the latest versions wouldn't install the sbiedrv on one of my systems. But the latest beta version seems to fix that. I'm testing now ...
Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 03:44:14 AM »
I see an "Always Run ..." and a "Run ...", but no "Don't Run ...". Plus those two options don't show up in the pinned task bar icon, only when you drill down to the program through "Start".
I've used SandboxIE for more years than I can remember, but the latest versions wouldn't install the sbiedrv on one of my systems. But the latest beta version seems to fix that. I'm testing now ...
Thanks

You see that "Always run..."?
So, if it has a "check" icon on the side, it means it will always run in the sandbox. To disable that, just click on that option again and the "check" icon will disappear.

But it's sad that it doesn't work with the task bar, nothing that I know to fix that.