Author Topic: How to disable warning when infected mail is detected?  (Read 2616 times)

astral

How to disable warning when infected mail is detected?
« on: June 05, 2006, 12:37:24 PM »
Hi, I'd like to disable the sound and the popup window when an infected mail is detected (I'm using Thunderbird). Can I do that only for my mail client and keep the sounds for other Avast activities? Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: How to disable warning when infected mail is detected?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 03:22:06 PM »
Sound could be disable in the tab of settings with the same name. Right click the 'a' blue icon and choose Program settings option.
The other, the pop-up, only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 03:35:41 PM »
I'm not sure how this would work in Thunderbird but you could use silent mode.

You only have a limited option in the Home (free) version, to send the infected file to the virus Chest (silent mode, with general answer no, see below).
My own feeling on this is you should use the default interactive action. This way you know exactly what is going on with your system. If you are getting so many warnings, that you want to automate this process, I believe you should review your security practice - filter emails at source, delete from server rather than download them, sites they visit, etc.

See the avast help file, Resident Protection: Internet Mail Provider Settings - "Advanced" Page.
Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the General answer No.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

astral

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 04:37:19 PM »
OK, thanks, I will try that.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »
No problem, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security