Author Topic: Avast block Symless Synergy!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3632 times)

REDACTED

Avast block Symless Synergy!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 31, 2018, 02:23:39 AM »
Hi
Recently, I have installed Symless Synergy to share my mouse and keyboard on my 2 PCs. But everytime I want to connect my client PC to sever PC, I have to turn off Avast protection. It's really annoying. So please help me to solve that problem!!!!!

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast block Symless Synergy!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 09:42:28 AM »
Hi,
is there any alert from avast? Which components do you have installed (Firewal, ...)?

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 03:10:53 AM »
I have tried to set Avast firewall to allow Synergy. It works but not properly. The connection between my two PCs is very lagging and slow, it only works well and smooth when I turn off Avast. I tried to attach my all log files in log folder but it is too large, so could you tell me which log files I should send to you?
Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 05:02:25 AM »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 06:04:01 AM »
Hi, set the FW to "Private Network".
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 07:38:42 AM »
Hi, I've done that but it is still lagging and lost connection all the time. It only work well until I turn off Avast firewall.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 07:44:51 AM »
OK, wait for Milos then.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline CWLovell13

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 06:04:55 PM »
This is ridiculous. You are blocking a legitimate application. I'm done with your service, too many applications blocked by your firewall even after I add them to exceptions. I don't pay you to cripple my productivity... This application is used as a software KVM and I am unable to use it to access the other devices on my network (which I need to do for work) because of your overzealous "protections".

And then you implement a capitcha that is designed to be unreadable on your forums so people trying to get help can't even communicate with you. This shows exactly where your customer service responsibilities lie.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 06:35:38 PM »
This is ridiculous. You are blocking a legitimate application. I'm done with your service, too many applications blocked by your firewall even after I add them to exceptions. I don't pay you to cripple my productivity... This application is used as a software KVM and I am unable to use it to access the other devices on my network (which I need to do for work) because of your overzealous "protections".
Set firewall network profile to PRIVATE

Setting up Firewall Application Rules in Avast Antivirus
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-Firewall-Application-Rules

=================================================================

NOTE:The Network profiles control the settings which determine how strictly Firewall protects your PC.

Private: a lower level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a trusted network such as your home or work network.
This profile enables better connectivity, and permits all communication within the network.

Public: a higher level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a public network such as in a cafe or airport.
Because public networks present greater security risks, no incoming communication is permitted when this profile is set.

=================================================================

And then you implement a capitcha that is designed to be unreadable on your forums so people trying to get help can't even communicate with you. This shows exactly where your customer service responsibilities lie.
Posted a million times here, it is only first 3 posts .... forum spam protection

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:38:26 PM by Pondus »