Author Topic: Scanning home network crashes Avast, and WLAN scanner not working  (Read 970 times)

Offline kujis

I'm using Avast Premier on Win 7, and suddenly the smart scan feature is not working anymore, unless I uncheck home network scanning from the options. No changes has been made to my network or the computer itself.

The WLAN scanner feature also does not work. It goes to 1% and then also says "Avast service is not running". It gives a button to restart the service. After that it gets stuck at 1% forever. If I click stop, only the button goes grey and it's still stuck at 1%.

I've tried restarting the computer, uninstalling avast, re-installing it and also tried restarting my internet connection, but I can't figure out why it's not getting fixed.  :-\ It has worked perfectly always before.

Any tips?

Edit: I browsed through more services, and I tried enabling Windows Firewall service. After that, the scanners seem to be working again! Odd, as it has always been disabled, as I don't see why it would be needed if Avast is installed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:53:43 AM by kujis »